Immerse yourself in nature
Natural swimming pools were first introduced in Germany and Austria over two and a half decades ago. Today, these pools have seen a significant surge in popularity in the United States. A natural swimming pool is 100% chemical-free that is filtered through helpful bacteria and aquatic plants. It is like a natural water garden and an excellent eco-friendly alternative for people seeking a chemical-free method to treat their swimming pools.
Any swimming pool installation involves a significant investment and you need skilled and experienced pool builders for the job. We at Artscapes Pool & Outdoor Concepts are a reputed natural pool builder based in San Antonio. We have successfully completed a number of projects in Boerne, Canyon Lake, and New Braunfels.
Our company has catered to a number of clients in and around Shavano Park, Garden Ridge, and Selma. We proudly serve clients in Schertz, Helotes and Timberwood Park and the surrounding areas as well. Over the years we have handled a number of natural swimming biologically active, swimming pool projects.
Natural Pools - The Structure and Working
This is a very specialized job that requires deep knowledge of the different types of beneficial bacteria and aquatic plants that can be introduced into the pool water. Here is some more information about exactly what these pools are and what is involved in their installation:
- Unlike a chemically treated pool, that is sterile, a natural swimming pool contains beneficial microorganisms and plants that out compete the harmful bacteria and algae for nutrients, leaving your pool water safe for swimming.
- This pool is made up of two separate parts- the swimming area and the regeneration zone. The latter looks very much like a water garden or a charming pond and provides the perfect habitat for aquatic plants that effectively filter the water.
- These plants take all the nutrients out of the water and create a hostile environment for algae. In addition, there are anaerobic and aerobic bacteria within the regeneration zone as well as the biological filter that eliminate other undesirable elements.
- The water flows through the filter and is channeled into the regeneration zone after which it is directed to the main swimming area. Since the water is in constant motion, it is safe and clear for swimming.
Custom-Designed Natural Swimming Pools
Our experts have handled a large number of natural swimming pool design and installation projects over the years. They know how to seamlessly integrate these with the rest of the landscape. Based on client requirements, some of these structures may have concrete foundations, straight lines, and hard edges. While others emulate the local from each are and have planted edges and gentle slopes. Our designing team will ensure that your swimming pool looks like an attractive naturally-occurring water feature.
A natural swimming pool offers a significant number of benefits for eco-conscious property owners. We will select the aquatic plants for your natural swimming pool very carefully, based on aspects such as hardiness and climate zone. The focus is on creating stunning custom natural pools that will provide you with years of enjoyment and increase the value of your property.
Designing and building pools is something we are extremely passionate about. Our team is committed to providing you the solutions you need at very cost-effective natural pool pricing. For any more information or for consultation and quote, feel free to contact Artscapes Pool & Outdoor Concepts at 210-204-5236. You can also use this Contact Us form to send queries and we will revert shortly.
When it comes to swimming pool installations, the focus is now on water-efficiency and energy-efficiency. One of the best ways to achieve this is to build a natural swim pond on your property. These features are specifically designed to reduce environmental impact as well as maintenance costs.
Swimming pond installation involves a significant investment and you need skilled and experienced pool builders for the job. We at Artscapes Pool & Outdoor Concepts are a reputed swim ponds builder based in San Antonio. We have successfully completed a number of projects in Boerne, Canyon Lake, and New Braunfels.
Custom Swim Pond Design and Installation Services
Our company has catered to a number of clients in and around Shavano Park, Garden Ridge, and Selma. We proudly serve clients in Schertz, Helotes and Timberwood Park and the surrounding areas. We adopt would a very methodical approach to design and build these features, ensuring a unique outdoor swim pond that needs your specific needs and styling requirements. Not only will this feature add to the attractiveness of your backyard but will provide years of fun and enjoyment and add value to your property.
Swimming Pond – The Work Process
Swim pond construction is a specialized job that is best left to experts like the ones at our company. We follow a detailed and meticulous work process while handling this project:
- The design phase starts with setting the dimensions of your pond and the softscaping and hardscaping elements. These will be demarcated as per the plans approved by you.
- In most instances, if access permits, the primary excavation work will be carried out using a heavy-duty tracked excavator, this job will be supported with a smaller tracked machine as well.
- The top soil can be separated from the subsoil and then landscaped into the adjacent spaces. If this is impossible we will remove the soil and from the site.
- The next phase involves determining the depth, shape, and profile of the swim pond.
- An artificial liner will be laid onto the pool’s membrane to line the swim pond entirely. Another protective membrane will be laid onto this liner.
- The floor will be constructed using the concrete base and we can add concrete stains of your choice to create the color effects, you want in the water.
- The swim pond is made up of two primary components-the main swimming space and the regeneration zone. These two sections are segregated by an internal wall that can be made using various materials such as stone, clay bricks, timber or even smooth-faced blocks.
- This dividing wall will be built a little below the surface of the water and bull nosed engineered bricks will be affixed to the top of the wall.
- We will then create a deeper biological filter between the internal wall and the swimming pond perimeter using a combination of filter medium and natural stone.
- All the plumbing installations will be set in place, as will the brick/block steps or traditional ladder steps. We can also build timber decks as required.
- Oxygenating plants will be installed in the deeper areas of the regeneration zone and these help keep the water clear and healthy.
For any more information on swim ponds cost or for a consultation and quote, feel free to contact us at 210-204-5236. You can also use this Contact Us form to send queries and we will revert shortly.