Get a Beautiful Custom Gunite Pool from the Experts Who KNOW How to Build a Pool RIGHT!
Once you’ve decided to get a gunite swimming pool installed on your property, it becomes very important to select a good local pool installation company for the project. Swimming pool installation involves a significant investment and you need skilled and experienced professionals for the job. We at Artscape Pools are a reputed gunite pool builder based in San Antonio.
We have successfully completed a number of projects in Boerne, Canyon Lake and New Braunfels. Our company has catered to a number of clients in and around Shavano Park, Garden Ridge and Selma. We proudly serve clients in Schertz, Helotes and Timberwood Park and the surrounding areas as well.
When you opt for a gunite pool from our company, you can rest assured that you will get a feature that is structurally sound, stunning in appearance, functional and safe as well as energy efficient.
Gunite Pool Installation - The Work Process
As a company that has been operating in this space for a number of years, we know what it takes to provide customized pool design and installation services. We follow a very specific work process while building gunite pools:
- Pre-Construction- The first phase of the project is an initial consultation with you to discuss your requirements, the best location for your pool, its design, shape, size, and styling. We will schedule a pre-site meeting to set and spray out the elevations, go through the details & answer any questions that you might have about the construction process, before we start on the installation.
- Excavation- Once the feature has been laid out to your approval, our crews will start to form the pool, and the excavation work will be completed efficiently. In this stage, we will also take the required trenches for the equipment area, plumbing as well as electrical installations.
- Reinforcement- The next stage of the project is to build the steel frame work that becomes the reinforcement for the gunite pool structure.
- Plumbing- The team will then install all the main drains, return lines, skimmers & other plumbing installations required for the project.
- Gunite Spraying- Gunite is essentially a mixture of cement and sand. This specialized mixture is shot onto the steel rebar grid via hoses and nozzles. This is the stage at which the entire pool comes to life. The foundation will be formed, as will the benches and stairs.
- Curing- In the curing stage, we will wait for the gunite to set, ensuring that the pool remains wet at all times. This slow curing process helps prevent flaking of the gunite pool shell.
The Final Gunite Pool Installation Touches
The wooden forms around the pool will be stripped; the dirt will be backfilled against the shell and then compacted for stability. The final stage involves installation of the tiling, decking, equipment, and extension of all the plumbing features.
We use top quality materials, products, and the latest technology in our work ensuring that you have a stunning, energy-efficient, low-maintenance pool that can last for a number of years. For any more information on gunite pool cost or for a consultation and quote, feel free to contact Artscape Pools at 210-204-5236. You can also use this Contact Us form to send queries and we will revert shortly.
Click on any photo for a larger view, or to view a slideshow.